Choosing A Memory Foam Mattress Topper May 28, 2016 17:19
You made the right decision by choosing to switch to a memory foam mattress topper. You are now on your way to a more comfortable sleep. You can now say good-bye to injury causing firm mattresses or those that provide inadequate support. You're probably on your way to shop for your memory foam mattress but do you know how thick you want your mattress to be? Here are factors to consider when you're memory foam mattress topper shopping.
2-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The difference between a foam topper and a mattress is its purpose. A mattress is basically a big pad that is made to support a body when it is reclining. A mattress topper is true to its name as it sits on top of a mattress. How thick you want your memory foam topper to be depends on the support you want. In most cases a 2-inch memory topper is sufficient for light framed people because it will provide adequate support without causing the whole body to sink into the main mattress. This kind of mattress is ideal for:
• People who are experiencing average pain
• People who need medium comfort
• Those who are on a budget since 2-inch memory foam toppers are usually the cheapest
3-Inch Memory Foam Toppers
This option is a bit thicker than the 2-inch topper and is a bit more expensive. People who should choose this thickness level are:
• Those who need to relieve most pressure from their joints and back
• People who need a new mattress but are on a budget. In most cases you won’t be able to feel your extra lumpy old mattress with a 3-inch topper.
• People who need more comfort and support a 2-inch mattress can provide.
4-Inch Memory Foam Toppers
These are usually the thickest many manufacturers offer. This is a good option for:
• People over 250 pounds
• Sleep on the floor futon style or when you want extra comfort during camping and need to sleep on the floor.
• Ideal when you have guests and they have to sleep on the floor.
If you have a bad back make sure that your memory foam topper can provide adequate support. A good quality foam topper has a density of 4lbs or 5 lbs. For those with bad back, you need a mattress with a density of at least 4 lbs.
When To Buy A Memory Foam Topper
A foam topper is not just for when you have bad back or have neck and shoulder injuries. It can also be used in the following situations:
• When your current mattress is too firm and want to soften it up a bit.
• You have a sofa bed and those awful bars hurt your back or guest's back.
• You need an extra bed you can throw on the floor when you have guests.
• Go camping a lot and want the extra comfort of a mattress.
There are many kinds of memory foam mattress available. If you buy a cheap mattress you're lucky if you get a couple of years use from it. Always buy high quality memory foam mattress such as those sold by luxurauk.com.